Monday, September 12, 2005

i admittedly like the idea of a 32 gig flash iPod. it'd certainly cut down their size just like the new iPod nano, which look even smaller than i had first imagined. looks like apple's getting better with their battery life, which is the biggest reason i opted not to get one back in january. in hindsight i don't rely on an LCD-display remote as much as i thought i would, so i really could've gotten an iPod for my main player, although my iAudio M3L is still working out well. i'd say i use it on average 15 hours a week at work, with no problems.

so far, apparently the "iPhone" [Motorola ROKR] sucks. i say good. i think the combined mobile phone / personal music player idea is shit anyway. i get the idea of trying to reduce the number of gadgets we have to carry around, and i'm probably not the target audience, but i think i talk on my cell phone on average maybe 4 times a week. i have no problem keeping it in my pocket when i'm not using it. plus in the commercial, the chick is carrying it around like an old portable sony discman. in this day and age i'm just not gonna carry around a device that functions as my cell and music player. i'm perfectly happy carrying a messenger bag with a player rigged up and my cell in my pocket. here's hoping it flops.

quick and to the pointless,
j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree... I use my phone so rarely I only plug it into the charger maybe 2 times a week. I would hate to not be able to make a phone call b/c I ran the batt down playing music... I would also hate the fact I would limit my music time in fear of running the batt low. It's a bad idea no matter how you slice it.