Tuesday, January 17, 2006


i'll admit i'm not much for awards shows, they're typically 90% fluff, way too long and just overly boring television. i'd rather read who won the next day online. but i was rather excited to hear that two of my favorite shows, nbc's the office and showtime's weeds both pulled in awards. the office for best actor in a comedy for steve carell, and weeds for best actress in a comedy for mary-louise parker. i had initially feared for a while that both shows would be cancelled, but looks like they're going strong for the time-being. wish we could say the same for arrested development, still dunno what's going on there.

--j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tracked you down using google :) So did you ever finish up at the Cow College or are you still doing the co-op thing? I see you now live in Allen. That's progress as you now live about 3 miles east of me. Give me a shout at work sometime and perhaps we can hook up for lunch. I'll even get your old buddy John Mellby to tag along. I also promise that you won't have to worry about his wife driving and nearly killing you. There's a great burger place in Allen which is about 9/10th's closer to me than you :) Or perhaps there's someplace up in McKinney that's good.

Sic em' Bears!

John Powers